The Global Health Economics, Management and Policy group has extensive experience in managing large international projects as well as supervising individual PhD projects. The list below contains key projects of the group related to global health issues.
Individual PhD projects that are currently running:
- Assessment of Approaches and Factors in Increasing Attraction and Improving Retention of Physicians in Rural and Remote Areas of Northern India. Visiting PhD student: Sonu Goel, collaboration with Post-graduate Institute for Medical Education & Research
- Culture of Health Care in Urban Slums: A Study in Bangalore and Kolkata Metropolitan Cities.Visiting PhD student: Moumita Das, collaboration with the Institute for Social and Economic Change
- Decentralization and Municipal Health Services Provision by Local Governments in Burkina Faso. Visiting PhD student: Hilaire Zon, collaboration with the University of Ouagadougou
- Development of Universal Health Insurance Scheme in Myanmar. Visiting PhD student: Chaw Yin, collaboration with Water, Research and Training Center
- Double Burden of Malnutrition in India. Visiting PhD student: Angan Sengupta, collaboration with the Institute for Social and Economic Change
- Economic Analysis of Social Determinants of Unmet Needs: Abating the Unmet Reproductive Health Needs of Women in Reproductive Age in Ghana. Visiting PhD student: Martin Amogre, collaboration with the University for Development Studies
- Effectiveness of National Rural Health Mission in Reducing Primary Health Care Inequity and Inequalities among Urban, Rural and Slum Population of Chandigarh, North India.Visiting PhD student: Madhu Gupta, collaboration with Post-graduate Institute for Medical Education & Research
- Expansion of Private Health Market in Georgia: Opportunities and Challenges.Visiting PhD student: Lela Shegelia, collaboration with the National Center for Disease Control and Public Health
- Health-care cost of chronic diseases in Sudan and the value of individual treatment of chronic health problems.Visiting PhD student: Suzan Hamid, collaboration with the Ahfad University for Women
Selected international projects:
- India BoP Program on Food, Nutrition and Life Style – joint research project funded by Maastricht University India Institute, Institute for Social and Economic Change (ISEC) and DSM.
- Assessment of patient payment policies and projection of their efficiency, equity and quality effects.The case of Central and Eastern Europe. Project funded by the European Commission under the FP7, Theme 8 SSH,Grant Agreement no. 217431.http://www.assprocee2007.com/
- Health promotion and prevention of risk – action for seniors. Project funded by the European Agency for Health and Consumers. Second Health Programme. Grant Agreement no. 20131210534291.
- Study on corruption in the healthcare sector. Project funded by the European Commission - Directorate-General Home Affairs. HOME/2011/ISEC/PR/047-A2.
- Strengthening training for health care management in Ukraine. Funded by the Dutch Ministry of Public Health, Welfare and Sport under the MATRA program. Project no. UA 14066.